Expat children and expat parents
Raising expat children and entering transnational parenthood have their own difficulties and pitfalls. E.g.
- Expat care arrangements and expat child-care arrangements questioning the gender aspects of transnational parenthood
- Being/feeling unfamiliar with the schooling system of your expat child, schooling being very different from their parents experiences, involving completely different systems
- ‘Typical’ expat kid problems and even an Expat child syndrome
- A ‘special’ child, whose development is atypical, creates its own special questions and worries, especially when on unfamiliar ground.
Early signs might be:
- Emotional withdrawal of the child
- Conduct problems
- Apparent emotional problems, like sadness or irritability even indifference
- School problems
fill in this form and we will contact you as soon as possible.